DB E.C.O. Group
The DBE.C.O. Group offers its customers the internationally sought-after engineering, consulting and operations know-how of DB Group from a single source. The group includes DBE & C and Deutsche Bahn International Operations (DB IO), among others.
DB Engineering & Consulting
The last of 28,000 “smart” switches has been connected to the DIANA digital platform. Sensors monitor whether the switch drive is functioning smoothly. If a fault occurs, DIANA promptly reports abnormalities. A new digital sensor for current and voltage measurement that enables even more extensive and precise diagnostics is currently in development; a pilot is underway with the state-owned rail company in Luxembourg. In March 2020, the DIANA Wayside Monitoring Hub for DB Netze Track was also commissioned, which combines all the results of the “train check in passing.” The development of DIANA is a joint initiative of DB Netz AG and the IT service provider infraView, which is part of DB E & C. 13 Digital platforms To the Strong Rail strategy
- DB E & C is increasingly using multicopters equipped with cameras on construction sites to take advantage of digitalization in the construction supervision of infrastructure projects. Thousands of images are captured extremely quickly using precision technology and processed entirely automatically. The digital image can be efficiently compared against a reference, saves large amounts of time in coordination and approval processes, and increases the quality of documentation.
- In early 2020, the comprehensive modernization of the central station in Riga/Latvia was started. The aim is to turn it into an intermodal transport hub and the center of the Rail Baltica railway project. DB E & C and its partners are tasked with the project management, design review and construction supervision of the refurbishment of the existing track systems, platforms and buildings, and the construction of a new 1-km-long railway bridge.
- DB E & C has opened an office in Mexico and won its first contracts. DB E & C is carrying out a capacity study for a metro project in the state of Veracruz and acting as a shadow operator for the new S-Bahn (metro) line in Monterrey, which means that it is observing and supporting a project from the very beginning from an operator’s perspective to optimize costs and benefits before commissioning. DB E&C handed over an initial infrastructure and operating con-cept for the 62-km-long line to the customer in July 2020.
- In July 2020, DB E & C was commissioned as the leader of a joint venture in Serbia to provide construction supervision services for the modernization and expansion of the Belgrade — Stara Pazova line section, which covers about 35 km. The section is part of the Belgrade — Subotica — Budapest railway project, which was agreed by Serbia, Hungary and China as part of the global “One Belt, One Road” initiative.
DB International Operations
- Following the completion of a 273-km-long freight transport line in Uruguay, which is expected to happen in 2022, DB IO, together with two partners, will take on the operation and maintenance of the line for 25 years. The formation and mobilization of the operating company began in October 2020.
- Etihad Rail DB is bringing its accumulated experience and expertise gained from the first phase to the preparation of operations for the phase 2 line in the United Arab Emirates, which covers about 600 km and is currently under construction.
- DB Engineering&Consulting USA, together with DB IO, is advising the California High-Speed Rail Authority in the US on preparing for operations.