Environmental measures 0 Environment and 100% green electricity To the Strong Rail strategy
- In a cooperation between DB Schenker and Lufthansa Cargo, a CO₂-neutral freight flight – the first in commercial aviation – took off on November 29, 2020. Sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) covers all of the flight’s fuel requirements. DB Schenker and Lufthansa Cargo are working together to achieve sustainable air transport and have agreed to collaborate on environmental issues and to jointly advance solutions for them, including the phasing-out of fossil fuels in air freight transport.
- DB Schenker is bringing a total of 36 additional FUSO eCanter electric trucks no. 122 into operation in 11 European countries and 24 cities. This strengthens DB Schenker’s sustainability strategy and further expands the use of electric vehicles in its mixed fleets. DB Schenker has already been using the FUSO eCanter since 2018 to transport general cargo shipments in the inner city area.
- Together with other major investors, DB Schenker invested in Volocopter, a pioneer in urban air mobility. The development of the VoloDrone no. 56 heavy-lift cargo drone is intended to help achieve emissions-neutral deliveries even in hard-to-reach locations.
- Together with the City of Helsinki and other partners,
DB Schenker has opened a new parcel distribution center in the center of Helsinki on the Baana bicycle corridor. The main vehicles for delivery are electric bikes.
- DB Schenker is offering its customers a new special service for battery logistics. It is not just designed for transporting, returning and recycling products classified as hazardous materials, it also takes into account the strict and complex legal requirements associated with transporting and storing them.
- With the integration of the new Volvo FL electric truck into the e-fleet no. 122 at the sustainable Oslo City Hub distribution center, we are making progress toward our goal of running DB Schenker city logistics in Oslo with zero direct emissions.
- The number of eco warehouses no. 112 at DB Schenker is steadily increasing and more than doubled to a total of 38 in 2020. Thanks to integrated concepts, eco warehouses provide options for energy-efficient, low-emissions warehouse operations and feature state-of-the-art technology and sustainable construction.
- In 2020, the cutting-edge, highlyautomated Red Lion warehouse was opened in the Airport Logistics Park Singapore. The new building is based around the relevant sustainability and environmental protection standards. For example, the hub’s 1,440 solar panels combined with other eco-features enable potential energy savings of up to 34 %.