Top Targets Strong Rail
Passengers (rail) long-distance transport (million)
Passengers (rail) local transport (million)
Volume sold rail freight transport (Germany) (billion tkm)
Train kilometers on track infrastructure (Germany)
Customer satisfaction DB Long-Distance (SI)
Customer satisfaction DB Regional (rail) (SI)
Customer satisfaction DB Cargo (SI)
Punctuality DB Long-Distance (%)
Punctuality DB Regional (rail) (%)
Punctuality DB Cargo (Germany) (%)
Share of renewable energies in the DB traction current mix (%)
Employee satisfaction (SI)
Debt coverage (%)
at previous year’s level
below previous year’s figure above previous year’s figure
- Performance in local, long-distance and rail freight transport as well as train-path demand is expected to develop noticeably positively again in 2021. The exact extent of the recovery will be largely influenced by the further development of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Following the significant improvement in customer satisfaction in 2020, we expect consolidation in 2021.
- For 2021, we also expect a consolidation in punctuality development as a result of the absence of the positive effects brought about by the noticeable decline in network utilization in 2020 following the effects of Covid-19.
- We will continue our measures to reduce the greenhouse gas intensity of the DB traction current in Germany through a gradual increase in the share of renewable energies.
- The Group-wide employee survey takes place every two years. As part of the follow-up process to the employee survey, cross-team cooperation workshops will be carried out in the first half of 2021. Building on the results of the survey, the aim of these workshops is to work on cooperation and on the five principles of the compass for a strong teamwork.
- Due to the expected significant improvement of adjusted EBIT, along with a simultaneous increase in capital employed, the ROCE is expected to improve.
- Debt coverage is also expected to increase noticeably as a result of the expected improvement in operating profit.