Operating business measures
- DB Long-Distance has maintained a stable basic level of service. During the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, at least 75 % of seating capacity was available (during the second wave: at least 85 %). Additionally, measures were put in place to protect employees and passengers.
- From mid-March 2020, DB Regional rail provided a stable basic level of service (70 %) and was in constant contact with contracting organizations of the Federal states. From April 2020, services were gradually ramped up once more. Since June 2020, DB Regional Rail has returned to providing its full range of services. The rare exceptions to this are the occasional restrictions relating to cross-border transport services.
- DB Regional bus also provides varying additional regional services for the staggering of school-transport timings. We adhere to the principle of offering a high-level operating program in cooperation with the public transport authorities and Federal states.
- Even during the Covid-19 pandemic, DB Cargo has ensured the supply of the European economy – reliably and crossborder. In April and May 2020, volume sold in individual sectors fell drastically by up to 80 %.
- DB Netze Stations has implemented various measures to help control the Covid-19 pandemic. To this end, more than 600 disinfection points were installed at about 350 stations, among other things. Passengers can access information on how to travel safely and the hygiene measures in place at the stations on the DB portal at gemeinsamgehtdas.de. DB Arriva’s main priority is the health, safety and well-being of its employees, customers and the communities that DB Arriva serves, as well as supporting its contracting organizations. DB Arriva stringently follows the advice and guidelines of the applicable governments and health authorities.
- Through its proactive safety and health protection measures, effective contingency plans, and a high level of commitment, DB Schenker was able to reduce global business interruption to a minimum while guaranteeing highly reliable deliveries and demonstrating necessary flexibility.
Do you like the site?0