Top Targets Strong Rail
Passengers (rail) long-distance transport (million)
Passengers (rail) local transport (million)
Volume sold rail freight transport (Germany) (billion tkm)
Train kilometers on track infrastructure (Germany)
Customer satisfaction DB Long-Distance (SI)
Customer satisfaction DB Regional (rail) (SI)
Customer satisfaction DB Cargo (SI)
Punctuality DB Long-Distance (%)
Punctuality DB Regional (rail) (%)
Punctuality DB Cargo (Germany) (%)
Share of renewable energies in the DB traction current mix
Employee satisfaction (SI)
Debt coverage (%)
above previous year’s figure
at previous year’s level
below previous year’s figure
- Performance in regional and long-distance rail passenger transport should continue to stage a noticeable recovery in 2022. The exact extent of the recovery will be largely influenced by the future development of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- We also expect positive trends in rail freight transport volumes and train-path demand.
- At DB Cargo, we expect the customer satisfaction score to be significantly lower at the next measurement in March 2022 due to the significant drop in punctuality over the course of 2021.
- Punctuality is expected to improve in 2022. In order to achieve these goals, the quality measures initiated in 2021 will be continued and intensified. However, punctuality targets are under pressure due to the further increase in traffic volumes and a continued very high level of construction activity.
- We will continue our measures to reduce the greenhouse gas intensity of the DB traction current in Germany through a consequent increase in the share of renewable energies.
- In 2022, we will conduct our sixth Group-wide employee survey to detect trends and changes and to find out which measures are effective and where we still need to take action. We expect this to stabilize at our long-term target level.
- Due to the expected significant improvement of adjusted EBIT, along with a simultaneous increase in capital employed, the ROCE is expected to improve.
- Debt coverage is also expected to increase significantly as a result of the expected improvement in operating profit.