DB Engineering & Consulting
DB E&C expertise is in demand worldwide:
- As part of the digitalization of the Stuttgart railway hub, DB E&C has been producing the technical tender documents for the tender procedure from spring 2019. The Stuttgart hub is, among other things, part of the starter package ETCS/Digital interlockings in the course of Digital Rail for Germany.
- In May 2019, DB E&C was commissioned by the state-owned Kazakh railway company KTZ to carry out a comprehensive transformation at the subsidiary KTZ Passenger Transportation. The core aim of the contract is to provide management personnel and active change management in order to ensure the sustainable implementation of the optimization measures that have been developed.
- In July 2019, DB E&C in Riga signed a contract for the planning of the first Rail Baltica section in Latvia. The Rail
Baltica connects Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia to the European network with a normal track line.
- In December 2019, the planning contract for the last subsection of the Karlsruhe—Basel expansion/new construction line was awarded to a consortium that DB E&C is part of. DB E&C is responsible for equipment engineering, among other things.
- In December 2019, DB E&C and the Transport Ministry in Qatar signed a contract for the development of an overall plan for Qatar’s freight transport. The Qatar Freight Master Plan is intended to provide the general framework for a sustainable, logistical infrastructure in order to support the economic development of the emirate. In December 2019, the Green Line was also opened in Qatar – the complete first construction stage of the Doha Metro is now in operation. In the previous year, DB E&C had laid the foundation for the development of the integrated railway concept for Qatar and has been the strategic partner of the Qatari railway since then, for the development and expansion of its transport network.
- In the year under review, DB E&C opened branches in the UK (Birmingham) and Ireland (Dublin). DB E&C has signed a seven-year contract with Irish Rail on project management and consulting services. It will support the state-owned railway of the Republic of Ireland in the introduction of a new train control system. In Great Britain, DB E&C is advising the development company HS2 Ltd. in the construction of the first ballastless slab tracks on the island and has also qualified for a consultancy framework agreement with the UK Ministry of Transport.