The digital transformation is focused on the inclusion and qualification of employees through training, new working methods and agile structures. In 2022, the focus was on expanding digital skills.
- As a start-up hub and innovation driver, DB mindbox works closely with business units and young companies to support innovative technologies and digital solutions within DB Group. More than 200 companies have already participated in the support program. For around 60%, we continued with follow-up partnerships working on specific products and innovations after the DB mindbox program. In 2022, “the bright platform edge” – a solution by the start-up SIUT – was installed at the Südkreuz Railway Station of the Future in Berlin to ensure better orientation on the platform.
- We created the DB Digital Base in Berlin, a central location for digitalization within DB Group. Here, executives and employees can access free, virtual events and workshops on topics focusing on data.
- In 2022, we reorganized the CDO division. In future, the focus will be on the digitalization of production. Due to this new strategic direction, existing digital competencies are being located, particularly in the IT and Technology divisions, which make a decisive contribution to more capacity, quality and punctuality.
- In 2021, the Digital Transformation Academy (DTA) was developed to expand and deepen expertise in digital and IT contexts. Three programs are currently offered. In 2022, we were able to increase the number of participants in Agile Classes from 80 to around 200 participants and provide training in agile and digital product development skills. Since autumn 2022, we have been piloting the Data Class with around 45 participants, with the aim of enabling employees to implement digital transformation and to establish an overall grasp of data organization.
- Since the beginning of 2018, we have been promoting our digital talent in the areas of digitalization and business model development through our digitalization trainee program, as well as building digital skills for the whole DB Group.
- Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures is our corporate venture capital arm, which invests in innovative business models. The research fields are based on our Strong Rail strategy and our digital and technology strategy.