Top Targets Strong Rail
Long-distance passenger transport (rail) (million)
Local passenger transport (rail) (million)
Volume sold rail freight transport (Germany) (million tkm)
|Train kilometers on track infrastructure (Germany)|
(million train-path km)
Customer satisfaction DB Long-Distance (SI)
Customer satisfaction DB Regional (rail) (SI)
Customer satisfaction DB Cargo (SI)
|Punctuality DB Long-Distance (%)|
Punctuality DB Regional (rail) (%)
|Punctuality DB Cargo (Germany) (%)|
Share of renewable energies in the DB traction current mix (%)
Employee satisfaction (SI)
Debt coverage (%)
Above the previous year’s figure
At the previous year’s level
Below the previous year’s figure
- The performance development in local, long distance
and rail freight transport as well as the demand for train- paths is likely to be weaker in 2020. Negative effects to an extent not yet foreseeable result from the effects of the coronavirus.
- By implementing attractiveness-increasing measures,
we are striving to improve customer satisfaction.
- For 2020, we expect a further improvement in punctuality due to the consistent continuation of the Strong Rail measures despite increased construction activity and increasing transport volume.
- We will continue our measures to reduce the greenhouse gas intensity of the traction current in Germany through a gradual increase in the share of renewable energies.
- In 2020, we will conduct our fifth Group-wide employee survey to detect trends and changes and to find out which measures are effective and where we still need to take action. We expect a slight improvement in the survey
- Due to the expected significantly lower development of adjusted EBIT, along with a simultaneous significant increase in capital employed, the ROCE is expected to decline.
- Debt coverage is expected to decline among others as a result of the expected lower operating profit.