Memberships in sustainability networks
- We underline our commitment to the UN GC through the annual presentation of our progress towards the ten principles of the UN GC (Communication on Progress). In addition, we are committed to the German Global Compact Network (Deutsches Global Compact Netzwerk; DGCN), the forum for German multi-stakeholders to implement and promote the principles of the UN GC, as well as the SDGs.
- We are signatories to the German sustainability code (Deutscher Nachhaltigkeitskodex; DNK), through which stakeholders are informed about the sustainability performance of companies.
- We are an active member of econsense, the Sustainable Development Forum for the German economy. Together with some 35 German companies and organizations with global operations, we are committed to initiating and developing solutions for sustainable economic activity.
- We are also represented in the Conference Board with an active role in sustainability issues. The Conference Board is a global, independent economic association that works in the public interest. It aims to help managements to conquer the largest challenges for companies and better serve society.
- As part of the fight against corruption, we are a corporate member of Transparency International.
Our anti-corruption efforts involve the regular exchange of experience regarding systems and procedures for the fight against corruption.
- We are a founding member of the Railsponsible industry initiative. This initiative aims to create transparency regarding social, environmental and socioeconomic effects along the entire supply chain and to support suppliers in improving their sustainability practices. Other significant European companies in the field are members of the initiative.